The joints of the body are complex and they rely on the ligaments for common motions and movements. However, ligament injuries can occur due to sports and certain jobs. As a result, your spine and knees can be impacted, which may lead to joint pain and limited mobility. At Sarasota Chiropractic and Physical Therapy in Sarasota, FL, we provide various treatments to reduce your discomfort and increase your range of motion.
Symptoms of Ligament Injuries
If you have a ligament injury, you may exhibit a variety of symptoms that might require treatment as soon as possible. Some of these symptoms include:
- Muscle spasms in your back or near major joints
- Acute pain in various parts of the body
- Limited range of motion and flexibility
- Swelling and stiffness in certain joints, such as the knee joint or elbow joint
- Popping sounds when the ligament is moved
Causes of Ligament Injuries
A ligament injury can develop from a fall, twisting your body at an awkward angle, or a sudden jolt to your body, which can damage the ligaments in your body. Some additional causes of ligament injuries include the following:
- Lifting heavy objects improperly
- Sports injuries, such as an ACL injury or MCL injury
- Automobile accident
- Repetitive motions
- Work-related injuries
- Overuse or changing direction rapidly
Contact us for Treatment Today!
If you have a ligament injury that is causing discomfort and affecting your daily activities, let our team at Sarasota Chiropractic and Physical Therapy in Sarasota, FL, help. When you visit us, we will perform a thorough examination to determine the root cause of your pain. Afterward, we can utilize various methods to reduce inflammation and help you heal. To learn more about our treatments or to schedule your first appointment, contact our office at (941) 924-9892 today. When you’re searching for a chiropractor near me, we look forward to assisting you!