If you are experiencing knee pain due to an auto accident or a condition, it’s important to seek treatment to prevent further complications. At Sarasota Chiropractic and Physical Therapy in Sarasota, FL, our team provides a variety of treatments to relive your discomfort and help you lead an active lifestyle. Prior to visiting us, learn about some causes of knee pain below
The Common Causes of Knee Pain
Direct trauma and disease often cause knee pain. Chronic overuse or an accident can lead to pain and discomfort. Some common causes of knee pain include:
- Knee Joint Misalignment: This includes changes such as an inward-facing patella, internal femur rotation, and other changes to the natural alignment of your knee.
- Flat Feet: People with no arch or a very low foot arch can experience related knee trauma such as an inward-turning femur or tibia.
- Pinched Nerve: If you have a pinched nerve in your lower back it can also lead to knee pain.
Our chiropractor in Warsaw can treat your knee directly or treat an underlying problem in your spine.
Knee Pain Symptoms
Knee pain severity varies depending on the underlying cause. Some symptoms of acute knee pain or chronic knee pain include the following:
- Weakness or instability
- Warmth due to inflammation
- Clicking or popping
- Cannot flex your knee straight
Chiropractic Treatment for Knee Pain
During your appointment, our chiropractor assesses your gait. By watching the way you walk, we can evaluate the stress placed on your knees. Some of the chiropractic treatments for knee pain include:
- Spinal Adjustment: Misalignment in your spine creates pressure on your knees and other joints. The spinal adjustment restores balance and functionality that reduces wear on your knees.
- Trigger Point Therapy: Remedial massage therapy uses pressure on certain points to relieve pain.
- Posture Correction: Poor posture can cause several issues over time. It puts undue pressure on your knees, muscles, and other joints. Our chiropractor can help you improve your posture, which may also resolve some of the pain you're experiencing.
- Low-level Laser Therapy: Also called cold laser therapy, this treatment stimulates your soft tissues and the muscles to reduce swelling and increase blood flow. This facilitates the healing process.
- Ultrasound Therapy: Ultrasonic waves soothe painful muscles and joints. It reduces pain and helps you recover your mobility.
- Lifestyle Changes: Our chiropractor may suggest improved diet and exercise habits.
Contact us for an Appointment Today!
If you are experiencing knee pain, our team at Sarasota Chiropractic and Physical Therapy in Sarasota, FL, is happy to help. With the right treatment, we can reduce your discomfort and improve your overall health. To schedule your first appointment, call our office at (941) 924-9892 today. When you need a chiropractor near me, our team is here to help!