It is quite common that car accident victims don’t notice any symptoms of injury immediately after their accident occurs. It can take several hours or even days to manifest. Dr. Abe Kozma and Dr. Shane Golday at Sarasota Chiropractic, Physical Therapy & Massage in Sarasota, FL, do our very best to educate our patients about the dangers of auto injuries. It is important to recognize the signs and symptoms of car accident injuries and seek medical treatment immediately to ensure the best outcome.
Common symptoms you might experience following a car accident include:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Difficulty focusing
- Stiffness in the neck, back and shoulders
- Restricted ranges of motion
- Blurred vision
Common auto accident injuries include:
- Concussion: A concussion is a traumatic brain injury that occurs following a blow to the head.
- Emotional trauma: Emotional injury is a problem that many car accident victims suffer with. These victims experience crippling fear, anxiety and even post traumatic stress disorder.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is an injury that is caused by a rapid motion that jerks the neck quickly backward and forward. This condition is also known as a neck strain and is a musculoskeletal condition that occurs as a result of stretching and tearing of the muscles in the neck. Sometimes mild cases will resolve on their own however it is best treated by a chiropractor.
Why you should find chiropractic care right away
Seeking chiropractic care right after a car accident is essential. Your chiropractor can help identify injuries you aren’t even aware of. After diagnosing these injuries, the chiropractor can begin treatment and help you
begin to feel better. If you have a claim with an insurance company, this diagnosis can help you get the compensation you need following the accident.
Contact Sarasota Chiropractic, Physical Therapy & Massage
Dr. Abe Kozma and Dr. Shane Golday at Sarasota Chiropractic, Physical Therapy & Massage we care for our patients with the utmost professionalism. We treat car accident victims on a regular basis and have have therefore developed a wealth of experience. We use chiropractic techniques like the spinal adjustment, lifestyle and nutritional supplementation and a variety of modalities in office to help heal you faster. Contact our office to schedule your appointment today!
(941) 924-9892 or e-mail: [email protected].